Sunday, April 11, 2010

Goats Milk Soaps - In The Mold

It's been a productive day...soaping and otherwise! We haven't had any showings this weekend and it's been amazing the amount of work we were able to get done around the house!

The first here is Sweet Oatmeal Goats Milk Soap. I really wanted to use fresh goats milk but our "city suburban" Walmart doesn't carry it. I can find it at a Walmart in the middle of nowhere, but not in a big city. Go figure. So I used canned goats milk again. I really do love it and have also used goats milk powder with great success.


Did you notice that my green molds multiplied? :) :D I made my biggest batch ever at 84 oz. I was all set up and doing great until I realized that I didn't have a container big enough to mix my soap in! I did have an old 1 gallon bucket that my coconut oil came in and so I was quick able to go to that. It was almost too full but I made it work. Whew!

This batch is my Chamomile Lavender Goats Milk Soap. This is the third time that I've used this essential oil blend and it has become a staple for me. I used my new Milky Way "Goats Milk" molds and my new bug molds. It came to such thick trace it was very "seize-like" in texture and I had a heck of a time getting it into the molds. It may not end up the prettiest but by golly I love that stuff and so it won't matter one hoot to me!


I guess these tray molds are going to try to gel unless I force them one way or another. So I put them on a heating pad and they have been covered with a small inverted tub but the buggers just won't gel any further! So once again...they aren't gonna be pretty!


The Sweet Oatmeal is still in the freezer. I am going to let these sit until Wednesday to cut them. I'm finding that 48 hours is too soon and I can't get a clean cut.

I don't know when I'll work with the Chamomile Lavender. I guess we'll see!

3 comments:

Amy W said...

Awesome! I get my fresh goat's milk straight from the farm. Check this link to see if you can find one near you: http://www.realmilk.com/where3.html#mo

Topcat said...

They all look fantastic in their moulds :)

Holly said...

Thanks! Amy, I found several farms close to me! I am going to start contacting them soon!