Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday Soaping

I think it's the heat. It's making me stay inside and forcing me to make soap. I'm just so giddy that I'm making so much soap. Now I need some sort of curing racks because it's starting to add up. There are worse things I suppose. :)

Today I made Chamomile and Lavender again. This is the fourth time I've soaped this blend. One of my very first batches of cold process (I'd been doing hot process for a while) was with this combo and it kind of takes me back. This is the first time that I've left out the milk and I had a lot more time to play. Not that I needed time with this one but ya know. This one is kind of called "It's Got It All!" soap. I've decided that I need to use up some of the extra oils that I have around so I've been moving away from my favorite recipe to use them up. This soap is made up of Olive, Palm, Coconut, Palm Kernel, Castor, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Rice Bran, Macadamia Nut, Soybean, and Apricot Kernal Oil. The benchmarks were quite nice too.



I'm not sure what I was thinking on this one. It's Huckleberry Harvest. This scent is so yummy! Huckleberry is huge in Montana where I grew up so I'm loving it even more because of that. I could go for some huckleberry ice cream right about now. *Daydreaming*Questioning why I live in Missouri* Anyhoo, my new favorite color combo is chocolate and purple so I chose those colors for this soap. I'm not going to call it ugly yet as I've learned enough that what it looks like now is definitely not what it's going to look like when it is solid. So we'll see. It also wouldn't come to a thick trace like I wanted. I stood around whistling and twiddling my thumbs but finally gave up on it and went ahead with it. Any other time I'm the Queen of thick trace you know. What's up with that?


I'm doing a little experiment. I've put one loaf of each into the freezer and I have the others sitting in front of a small fan on my table. The fan worked wonderfully with my Carrots n Cream soap. I got nervous today and chose to only sacrifice one loaf of each to a potential partial gel.

It's always an adventure and ALWAYS FUN!

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

I think the Huckleberry soap is going to look fantastic once it's cut (and hard). I hope we get to see it =)