Monday, September 27, 2010

Pumpkin Cream Pie Soap

I am in total love with the color of this soap! I only wish it would stay. I did debate using vanilla stabilizer but decided I'd rather it just turn brown than add any unnecessary ingredients. I did make the animal soaps unscented so the color should stay nice and pretty on those. I added a smidge of tangerine pop to help the orange along and I used Pumpkin Pie FO from WSP. It also has a fair amount of pumpkin and cream mixed in. Fall is here!



The soap in the blue mold was an experiment. I'm not so sure about it!

7 comments:

Pinup Girl said...

Super soap,which carries oil?
I like the texture....

Jennifer Young said...

Nice! Question - how do you get your soaps out of the little plastic moulds? xo Jen

Holly said...

Thanks! This soap has olive, palm kernal, avoacado, and castor oil. I love this new recipe. Jennifer, I use mineral oil in the molds. It just takes a very little amount but the soap usually comes out perfectly.

Amy W said...

Yummy! I decided I needed to make another batch of Pumpkin Pie soap last week with pumpkin from our garden. It isn't quite as dark as the first batch I made with the canned pumpkin. Love this scent!! Tangerine mica sounds like a great idea too. :)

Anne-Marie said...

I love the bright orange color! It goes perfectly with yummy pumpkin pie! Can't wait to hear more about your experimental soap :)

tenth avenue soapworks said...

I've banned myself from ordering more f.o.s for awhile, but I weaken whenever I hear about pumpkin scents--that sounds wonderful!!! ...Did you gel the soap in the blue mold?

Holly said...

Thanks! I didn't gel the soap in the blue mold. It has all sorts of additives including tomato paste and french green clay and so the color is less than appealing. It has lightened up quite a bit though so we'll see!