Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Yesterday's Soaps

I had a soaping extravaganza yesterday! I just had too many things I wanted to try so I did it all at once. :)


The teddy bear soaps turned out so cute. They have cream in them and are unscented for my kids to use. I think they look like the Downy bear falling into a pile of freshly cleaned towels. The kids should have great fun with them!



This one I used a cool water fragrance and it is such a nice, masculine scent. It is a predominately cream/white soap with a thin layer of blue and a thin layer of green inside. The top kind of looks like waves don't you think?


This one is scented with a strawberry fragrance. I used vanilla stabilizer for the first time. I don't intend to make a habit of using it but I was excited to see if it really works as it is supposed to work. The bottom is pink and the top is supposed to be green. It looks a bit gray against the bright green mold but I think it will be a nice contrast to the pink once seen unmolded.

6 comments:

Sonya said...

These look great. Now how did you create those waves? Do you have a tutorial on that?

Holly said...

Hi Sonya. Thank you! I don't have a tutorial and I was kind of surprised myself that it worked out. :) I just used a small plastic spoon and pressed down with the back of the spoon and pulled it up and over.

Sonya said...

It's seriously a work of art! Love it!

Embat said...

Te han quedado preciosos. Felicidades

Anne-Marie said...

Fantastic - LOVE the waves and love love love how white you got that kids' cream soap to stay even with cream in it. =)

Holly said...

Thank you! Anne-Marie - I didn't gel it and it did stay quite light. I didn't want to add anything to it since it is for the kids.