Saturday, August 20, 2011

New Batches

I got to work in the soap kitchen yesterday and made one big batch and split it between one loaf and two tester batches. I am not overly impressed with my work and kind of bummed that this is my introduction soap on my new blog. But oh well!

This is Creamy Spiced Rice - I used a toasted rice fragrance from BB. It's spot on and I only wish I liked it more. Some scents you just don't know about until you try them. So it's accurate and a great fragrance, my nose just isn't a big fan. The description says that it is a good blender and I believe it would be excellent as a blender.


The batch has cream in it, thus the creamy part, and it's topped with a mixture of spices, mica, and some gold glitter as well.


I decided to test the Cool Water fragrance from NG. I have used one from WSP and it did discolor a bit. I notice no difference in the two scents so I'm eager to see how this one works out. It's such a nice, masculine scent. It is swirled with blue, green, and uncolored soap. I ran out of batter for this batch so that cream-colored bar is swirled on the bottom and unscented on top.


I also tested Cashmere and Silk from NG. I am calling it Cashmere Cream because of the cream in the batch also. I did a blind swirl in this one. I did color the tan just a bit and if all goes well, it will darken even more. It's topped with a tad of gold glitter.



It's a dark and dreary day so I don't know if I'll bother cutting these today. I did attempt to make some cold process sugar scrubs. They are cooling as I write this. I do hope they turn out!

2 comments:

A Life Deliberate Soap Co. Blog said...

I love the look of the Creamy Spiced Rice. It reminds me of tapioca rice pudding!

Amy W said...

Well, even if the toasted rice fragrance isn't super appealing, at least the soap is pretty! The others sound nice too - let's get them out of the mold so we can properly appreciate them! :)