Thursday, April 26, 2012

Raspberry Patchouli Soap - In The Mold

Check out my new itty bitty soap mold! It's just a small bamboo drawer organizer box but I love it. It's so cute! I didn't realize how fun it would be to make a mini soap loaf. I have many little one ounce fragrance samples and I do get tired of using individual molds. The first soap I made in my little mold is the raspberry patchouli fragrance from Rustic Escentuals. When soaping it, I did not smell any patchouli at all. I hope it blooms during the cure. I colored the base with a bit of swiss chocolate mica but it was more of a funky green once the orange fragrance oil was added. So we'll see! I textured the top of the base, did a copper mica line, and then added unscented raspberry-colored soap to the top. Well, the soap was originally raspberry colored but it faded out a bit.




I noticed that the soap was heating up in the mold. Quizzing some of my soaper friends, they haven't had patch heat up so it will be interesting to see if I get a partial gel or a full gel as I let it just sit without the fan. I like to see what a mold is going to do on it's own. So we'll see!


2 comments:

A Life Deliberate Soap Co. Blog said...

You can rock out a patchouli blend like nobody's business. This one sounds amazing too!

Kirppu said...

Hi! I just found your blog and I love it! You make so beautiful soaps. I´ve been making my own soaps and shampoos for 4 months now and I´m totally addicted to it :)

Kirppu from Finland