Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Note About The Soap Cutter

Thank you all for your interest in the soap cutter! At this stage, the cutter is only a prototype (and now accepted as a member of my family, lol) and we're still testing it. Unfortunately, I don't make soap as fast as it should be tested. I managed to tighten the wire too much one day and managed to break it. Hubby will attest to the fact that I was over-doing it. Woopsie! But my super awesome neighbor has since replaced the wire and I believe it has a heavier gauge wire now to try. I did gel my Summer Song soap and it cut it perfectly so I feel confident that the wire will be a-ok for gelled and ungelled soap. Most soap cutters are not recommended for melt and pour however. We've mentioned the tweaks you all would like to see and I'm sure he's taking them into consideration. Now that we have done a few tests on it and have gathered some feedback from fellow soapers, I feel like we're in a good position to move forward. Now that's just me and I have no idea what he's thinking as hubby tends to do the relay of information as he chats with him quite often. So let us wrap some more things up and I'll keep you updated! Thank you!

No comments: