Thursday, May 24, 2012

Soaps From Last Week

Last week my hubby and I had the rare opportunity of spending a few days together at home while the kids were at grandma and grandpa's house. We enjoyed it greatly and accomplished so much around the house. I still had to fit in some soap and did upload videos but I neglected my blog. The first I made is called Summer Song. It's a fresh grass scent and colored with french green clay and wheat grass. I topped it off with some sunflower petals, cornflower petals, and glitter. This is totally going to be a favorite, I can tell already!



I also asked my little gal if she wanted me to make a soap for her and she chose a rainbow soap. I wanted to soap this using only oxides and ultramarines but the colors turned a bit more earthy than I even wanted. I made a berry blend up of my own and I'm afraid the vanilla decided to show itself from one of the fragrances. She still loves it and tells me it's the prettiest soap in the whole wide world. Warms a momma's heart I tell you! I have been instructed that she prefers pink instead of red and the blue should be below the purple next time. ;-)



Here are the videos in case you aren't subscribed and want to catch up. I think I'll make more soap tomorrow! I still need to make some beer patchouli soap for my super awesome neighbor. Hmmm....I need to go boil some beer!

5 comments:

Two Blooms Design Studio said...

Pretty soaps, I like Summer Song. Sounds like you had a nice break.

Michelle

Two Blooms Design Studio said...

Pretty soaps, I like Summer Song. Sounds like you had a nice break.

Michelle

Bonstergirl said...

The rainbow soap is gorgeous. The other one is beautiful, too, but I particularly like the rainbow soap.

You know, I've been watching your videos for a while, but I hadn't subscribed. I just did it so I won't miss any more of your vids!

Anne-Marie said...

Both soaps look so great, I especially love the rainbow soap you made for your little girl!

Unknown said...

They are both lovely, but summer song popped an idea into my head about making a Maize and Blue soap for the University of Michigan. I'm in Ann Arbor, MI. The Spartans are easy, green and white and mint all over, but maize and blue? Harder. I'm going to use sweetgrass and some Clary Sage for the scent. Thank you!!

Your soaps are getting so drool worthy!!! You're stepping outside the glitter box and it's a wonderful mix!!! I love them.